RFC is an Oregon Corporation, chartered in 1978. The Company’s activities consist of heavy equipment construction for private and corporate businesses. Rick Franklin, President, is the owner of the Company.
Rick Franklin started the business in 1974 as a sole proprietor with one D-8 Caterpillar. Over the years he has grown the business and used RFC as a springboard to expand into a variety of other enterprises including the purchase of wood yards, a metals recycling subsidiary and, in 2007, a short-line railroad. Presently the Company operates over 100 pieces of rolling stock, as well as 150 pieces of heavy equipment.
Over the years RFC has diversified its operations to perform a variety of services, including:
- Land clearing and timber access road building
- Railroad Emergency Services: for derailments and other service interruptions
- Hazardous Waste and Environmental Cleanup
- Commodity trans-load and re-load
- Rail car salvage and dismantling
- Metals recycling
- Track construction and rehabilitation
- Flatcar bridge sales including concrete abutments
- Heavy haul trucking